IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
By setting up your computer as a Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA) server, you can stream media, such as music, photos or video, over your network to a DLNA®-supported device. DLNA devices include certain televisions, Blu-ray Disc® players and Blu-ray Disc Home Theater systems, HiFi component systems and computers. Once the DLNA server and device are set up and connected properly, the device can access media from the Apple® iTunes® application and iPhoto® libraries, as well as other locations on the computer.
Follow the procedure below to set up the Serviio® software:
- The computer and the DLNA device must be connected to the same network for this procedure to work.
- If you are using third-party firewall or security software, you may have to configure it to allow network access for the Serviio software.
- Using a computer, download and install the latest Serviio software from the Serviio website.
- Once the installation is complete, click Start on the computer and select Programs.
- Select Start Serviio.
To view pictures, movies or to listen to music on a DLNA-capable Internet video device, follow these steps:
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding the type of files that are supported, refer to the manual supplied with the Internet video device.
- Connect your Internet video device to an active Internet connection.
- From the menu of the device, select either Music, Movies or Photos.
- Select the desired server to access the content.