Follow this procedure to transfer music files from a portable player or recorder back into the SonicStage® 3.x or SonicStage CP (SonicStage version 4.x) software.
- It is not possible to transfer tracks into a computer other than the original computer or (if applicable) one which is authorized with the specific player. If the hard drive of the computer was changed or formatted, the only way to recover the music files is by restoring them using the SonicStage backup tool (provided a backup is available). If you do not have a backup or no longer have access to the original computer, you will have to delete the tracks from your portable player and re-import them from the original source into the new computer.
- Another alternative, if you are using the Net MD™ Walkman recorder or if you do not have a backup available, is to record songs from the portable player to the computer via an analog connection.
- Connect the portable player or recorder to the computer.
- Start the SonicStage software.
- In the SonicStage window, click the Transfer button.
- Click to select the device to transfer the music files to.
- In the My Library pane, click to select the album or tracks to transfer back into the SonicStage software.
NOTE: Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple song files.
- Under Transfer, click the left arrow button.
NOTE: Information regarding upgrading to the latest version of Sony's music management software is available at the Digital Music Player Support Web site at http://www.sony.com/walkmansupport . Please note system requirements prior to upgrading your current application.