Connect your Android TV to the internet
To connect your TV to the internet, you need a modem and network router setup with an active internet connection. You then connect your TV to the network router using a wireless or wired connection.
Your Android TV™ has a built-in wireless adapter that enables it to use Wi-Fi® technology to connect to your network.
If, however, you prefer a wired connection, a network cable (not supplied) is needed.
Before you start
- Make sure your modem and router are setup and your network is connected to the internet. For configuration details, refer to your modem and router manuals, or contact your internet provider or the device manufacturer for assistance.
- If you choose to use a wired connection, connect a network cable, also known as an Ethernet or LAN cable, from the router to the LAN port on the back of the TV.
Use the Network Setup Feature in the TV menu to connect to your network
Note: These steps may vary by model, if model specific info is needed, check your product manuals for details. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the Home button.
- Select Settings or the settings gear icon.
- Under NETWORK & ACCESSORIES, select Network.
- Select Network setup.
- Select Easy.
- Select your TV-to-Router connection type: