Verify the following:
- Does the device that is connected to the receiver support a digital audio format?
NOTE: Additional information and troubleshooting steps are availble if a Sony® TV does not output sound using a Digital Optical connection.
- Make sure that movie or program being viewed was recorded in a digital audio format and that the broadcaster is transmitting it in a digital audio format.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the audio status after completing each step.
- Verify that the disc is recorded in Dolby Digital surround sound.
NOTE: If the disc is not encoded with Dolby Digital surround information, it will not play Dolby Digital surround sound.
- Enter the DVD Disc menu and select English 5.1 to allow Dolby Digital playback.
- Verify that the proper settings are selected in the players AUDIO SETUP menu. the DIGITAL OUT option should be set to ON , and the DOLBY DIGITAL option should be set to DOLBY DIGITAL.
NOTE: To playback a DTS soundtrack, in the AUDIO SETUP menu, set the DTS option to ON.
- Connect the DVD to the AV receiver using the analog audio output.
- Verify that the A/V receiver is set to the correct analog input.
- Connect the DVD Deck to the A/V receiver or the television using a different cable.
- If audio is still not heard, connect a different audio source (VCR or DSS receiver) to the same input on the A/V receiver or television.
- If the issue is still unresolved after following all the troubleshooting steps, service will be required.