IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Please check the following if the sound skips during Bluetooth® connection:
- If you are using a Sony® headphone, a separate answer is available if the sound skips when using a Bluetooth connection .
- This answer provides general information to resolve the described issue. If model-specific information is required based on the information provided, refer to the manual supplied with the product.
The sound may skip or the playback speed may change or the connection may be lost if a device that generates electromagnetic radiation is nearby. Wireless networks, microwave ovens, and other Bluetooth devices are some examples of devices that generate electromagnetic radiation. Move away from any sources of electromagnetic radiation that may be interfering with the communication of your devices.
- The Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 meters (30 feet). Maximum communication range may vary, depending on obstacles (person, metal, wall, etc.) between the unit and the connected Bluetooth device affecting the sound. Install the unit and the Bluetooth device as near to each other as possible.
- Depending on the specifications of the Bluetooth device and the audio data used, the sound may break up.
- If your unit has a MODE switch, you may be able to improve playback quality by sliding this switch to MODE 2.
- If the Bluetooth device you are using has a switch for changing the playback quality, check whether switching the quality will resolve the issue. For details, refer to the manual of the Bluetooth device.