Follow this procedure to restore the backup information manually in the Windows® XP operating system.
IMPORTANT: The operating system must be configured to show hidden files before beginning this procedure.
NOTE: This procedure is for restoring the backup information created by the System Information Restore Tool. A different procedure is used for backing up or restoring music files in the SonicStage® software.
- Close the OpenMG Jukebox or SonicStage software if it is open.
- Click the Start button and then click My Computer.
- In the My Computer window, double-click Local Disk (C:).
- In the Local Disk (C:) window, double-click the Program Files folder.
- In the Program Files window, double-click the Common Files folder.
- In the Common Files window, double-click the Sony Shared folder.
- In the Sony Shared window, double-click the OpenMG folder.
- In the OpenMG window, double-click the Restorable folder.
- In the Restorable window, click to select the ICV.DAT file.
- On the keyboard, press and hold the CTRL key.
NOTE: Holding down the CTRL key while a file is selected will allow for multiple files to be selected.
- In the Restorable window, click to select the MACLIST.DAT file.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Under the menu bar, click the Back arrow.
- In the OpenMG window, on the Edit menu, click Paste.
NOTE: If prompted to replace files, click the Yes button.
- Close any open windows. The information has been restored.