Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the computer does not recognize the USB connection from the camcorder.
- Turn off the camcorder.
- Ensure the USB cable is connected securely to the camcorder.
- Ensure the other end of the USB cable is connected securely to the USB port on the computer.
NOTE: Connection through a USB hub is not supported.
- With the exception of the mouse, keyboard, and camcorder, remove any other USB connected devices from the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- On the camcorder LCD screen, touch the computer or hard disk icon.
- If the issue is still not resolved, connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver .
- If the issue is still not resolved, test the USB port on the computer by connecting a different USB device.
- If the other USB device operates, the USB cable may need replaced or the camcorder may require service.
- If the other USB device does not operate, then the issue is being caused by the computer. If the computer is connected to a network, try disconnecting it from the network or connect the camera to a computer that is not on a network. In addition, mapped drives may cause connection issues; drive designations D, E, or F must be available. It may be necessary to contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.