Follow these steps to use a Sony camcorder as a webcam using USB Streaming.
- Not all Sony® camcorders are equipped with a USB Streaming port. For compatibility information, or if you require further assistance with any of the steps below, consult the instruction manual of your camcorder. .
- The USB Streaming driver is not compatible with the Apple® Mac OS® operating system.
- The computer should have a factory installed USB port and compatible webcam software, such as Microsoft® NetMeeting®.
NOTE: This procedure cannot be performed when using the battery of the camcorder as a power source. If the camcorder is turned on, but not recording or playing a tape, it will automatically turn off after 5 minutes to conserve battery power. In addition, please be advised that this procedure may not work for all Sony camcorder models even when using the AC power adapter. Some models have an automatic demonstration mode that will activate after 5 minutes if the camera is turned on but not recording or playing a tape.
- Install the USB Streaming driver on the computer from the CD provided with the camcorder.
- Restart the computer.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the camcorder into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camcorder and computer.
- Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
- In the camcorder menu, set the USB STREAMING option to ON.
- On the computer, start the webcam software.
NOTE: Contact the software manufacturer for assistance with setting up or using the webcam software.