- The DVD must be finalized in the camcorder prior to beginning this procedure. Refer to your owner's manual for detailed information on the procedure to finalize a disc using the camcorder. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Do not use an 8cm CD adapter with the 8cm DVD. Doing so may cause a malfunction. If the DVD-ROM drive does not support an 8cm disc, use the USB transfer procedure instead.
- Insert the camcorder DVD into a computer DVD-ROM drive that supports 8cm discs.
- On the computer desktop, click the Start button and then click My Computer.
NOTE: If available, you can double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop instead.
- In the My Computer window, right-click the DVD Drive icon, then click Open.
- Right-click the appropriate folder and then click Copy.
- For still images, right-click the DCIM folder.
- For movie files, right-click the VIDEO_TS folder.
- Right-click on the desktop and then click Paste.
NOTE: The folder and all the contents in the folder will be copied to the desktop of the computer.
- On the computer desktop, right-click the newly copied folder and then click Rename.
- Type a new name for the folder.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- This solution only applies to DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-R recorded with a DVD Handycam® camcorder.
- Copying movie files from copyright-protected DVDs is not supported.