- Check if the camera is recognized by the computer.
- Run PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool and see if the camera is recognized.
- Even if you run PlayMemories Home Initialization Tool, the image data (videos or pictures) stored on your computer will not be deleted.
- Running PlayMemories Home Setting Initialization Tool will return the program to the default settings including Add Folders settings.
- Register the folders again if a folder other than My Pictures is registered from Add Folders as the folder for viewing images.
- Change the camera's USB Connect Setting and USB LUN Setting to the following settings:
- Set the USB Connect Setting to Mass Storage.
- Set the USB LUN Setting or LUN Setting to Single.
NOTE: Some cameras may not have a USB Connect Setting, USB LUN Setting, and LUN Setting.
- Use other USB port from the computer.
- If you are using a computer with USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, connect the camera to a USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 ports are blue as shown in the diagram below. For details, refer the instruction manual for your computer or contact the computer manufacturer.
- Do not use a USB hub. Connect the camera directly to the USB port of your computer.
- Uninstall the PlayMemories Home™ software and install it again.