Error: C:13:xx appears on the LCD or viewfinder.
The error code C:13:xx is an indication that the recording media (floppy disk or Memory Stick® media) you are using is not supported for use with the camera or not formatted properly, or is damaged or faulty.
The xx in the error code represents any random numerical digits and does not contribute to the overall diagnosis of the issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Some of the following steps may require formatting the media in the camera. All the recorded pictures, movies, and other data will be erased.
If an error code displays while using the internal memory
- Try turning off the camera and turning it back on again.
- If turning off the camera and turning it back on again does not fix the problem, back up the internal memory of the camera using a computer and format the built-in memory of the camera.
If an error code displays while using a memory card
- Turn off the power of the camera, then remove and reinsert the memory card a few times.
- Turn the power back on and see if the problem is solved.
- Insert a new memory card.
- If issue is still not fixed, back up your memory card using a computer and format the memory card in the camera.
NOTE: The memory card may not be recognized by the camera if it is formatted using a computer. Use the camera instead to format the memory card.
- Inspect the memory card for any physical damage, dust, or other foreign material that may interfere its operation.
- If any physical damage is found, the memory card should be discarded.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the recording media. If using a Memory Stick media, you can use a pencil eraser to clean the metal contacts.
- Test the memory card using another device to make sure that it is working properly.
- Use a different memory card to check if the issue is not caused by a corrupt file in the memory card.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.