Can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the mobile device
Check the following steps.
Note: You need the dedicated application Imaging Edge Mobile app (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device through Wi-Fi® connection.
- On your mobile device, download and install the latest version of the Imaging Edge Mobile app.
- Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Turn off both your camera and mobile device.
- Remove the battery and the memory card from the camera, and then reinsert them.
- If you didn't properly insert a recordable memory card into the camera, it may not be able to connect through Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to insert the memory card correctly after confirming the direction and front/back of the memory card.
- Turn on both your camera and mobile device.
- Check if the Wi-Fi setting is turned on on your camera and mobile device.
- The Wi-Fi icon appears on your devices' screen if it's turned on.
- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile app on your mobile device and follow the setup guide according to your camera model.
- Some cameras have the Multi Camera Control function, which allows you to connect multiple Action Cam cameras through Wi-Fi, and operate them from your smartphone or tablet. You can control your Action Cam cameras individually or all at once. More information about the Multi Camera Control function is available in the Imaging Edge Mobile support page.
- If you're using a mobile device with iOS™ operating system, turn on the Wi-Fi settings and select the SSID of the camera
- The camera settings can differ depending on your model. Select your camera model on the Remote shooting page to confirm the procedure to connect your camera and smartphone.
- Reset the camera setting and check if the issue is resolved. Check the manual supplied to your camera for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.