Depending on the status of the CHARGE lamp, the cause of the battery issue may differ. To determine why the battery is not charging, check the information in the table below:
|The charge lamp is on||The battery is being charged. Wait until the lamp goes out when the charging finishes.|
|The lamp turns off immediately after it turned on||Charging is complete.
NOTE: If the lamp goes out right after charging has started, there is a possibility that the camera already fully-charged. Insert the battery inside the camera and check for the battery status through the battery status icon..
|The CHARGE lamp flashes slowly (at interval for about 1 sec).||The CHARGE lamp flashing slowly, indicates that the charging is stopped because the battery temperature is too high or too low. Remove the battery pack from the battery charger and leave both aside on an ambient temperature of 50ºF to 86ºF (10ºC to 30ºC). Try charging the battery pack again later.
NOTE: If the CHARGE lamp is flashing slowly, charging will resume when the battery temperature increases or decreases until it is within the appropriate range. The lamp automatically changes from flashing to a steady light.
|The CHARGE lamp is flashing quickly (at intervals of faster than 1 sec) or if it does not light up.||This may indicate that charging was stopped or it cannot be started because the battery terminal is dirty. This issue may occur when the battery has not been used for a long time.|
- If you are using and extension cable and the CHARGE lamp is not lighting up, attach the battery charger directly to a wall socket. For reference, check the picture below.
- When using the commercially available battery charger (BC-TRX), change the selector switch depending on your preferred charging method.
- When charging the battery installed with the camera : BATTERY CHARGE.
- When charging by connecting with the USB cable : USB POWER 5V 1500mA.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the battery terminal is clean.
NOTE: If the battery terminal is dirty, wipe it with a dry cloth or cotton swab. Do not touch the battery terminal with your hands or any metal objects.
Below is an example of a dirty battery terminal (NP-BD1).
- When there are fingerprints on the terminal.
- When there are objects adhering to the terminal.
- This is an example of a clean battery terminal.
- Attach the battery pack to the battery charger and start charging.
NOTE: If the lamp is still flashing or it does not light up, it may indicate that charging was halted because the battery pack was not used for a long time. Remove the battery pack and reinsert it several times. Check if the CHARGE lamp lights up and charging starts.
- If the issue is still unresolved, replace the battery pack or the battery charger.
NOTE: Go to Parts and Accessories.