Update GPS assist data on your camera without using the PlayMemories Home app
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Insert a memory card in your camera.
- Connect your camera to a computer with an internet connection using the supplied USB cable.
- Set the camera to Mass Storage mode.
- Download the GPS assist data file.
- The file is saved to your computer's Download folder.
- Copy the assistme.dat file to the \Private\SONY\GPS folder on your memory card.
- If there is no \Private\SONY\GPS folder, use your computer to create it.
- Disconnect the USB cable. The GPS Assist Data is updated on your camera automatically.
- To confirm that the GPS Assist Data is updated, check your camera for A Use GPS Assist Data menu item.