The DCIM folder is missing when attempting to view camera images from my computer
Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot a missing DCIM folder when attempting to view camera images from your computer.
- Set the USB Connection setting of your camera to Mass Storage.
MENU → (Setup) → USB Connection → Mass StorageNote: Depending on the model, the setting method may differ, check your device manuals for model-specific information.
- Make sure the USB Drive or Removable Disk icon is really the camera.
- Configure the folder settings of your computer to show all hidden files and folders.
- If the DCIM folder appears after configuring the folder settings, then the folder has hidden attributes that may need to be removed.
- If the folder still doesn't appear, the folder may have been deleted.