IMPORTANT: A limited number of Sony® cameras do not support USB connectivity with the Windows® 8 operating system and cannot use this procedure.
- On the computer, switch to the Desktop by pressing the Windows Logo + D key combination.
- Ensure the recording media with the pictures or movies is inserted in the camera.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camera and the USB input jack on the computer.
IMPORTANT: Connection through a USB hub or other USB device such as a printer or keyboard is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
NOTE: The computer automatically detects the USB connection from the camera and installs the appropriate driver from the Windows 8 operating system.
- Transfer the pictures or videos to the computer using one of the following methods:
Use the import pictures and videos option.
- After connecting the camera, a notification box will appear. Select the notification box and then select Import Pictures and Videos using Windows.
- In the Import Pictures and Videos window that appears, click Import Settings.
- In the Import Settings window, follow the instructions to import your photos and movies.
Copy and paste the video files from the Removable Disk window that represents the camera.
- From the desktop screen, click on the folder icon located on the task bar and then click the Computer icon on the left side.
- In the Computer window, click the icon that represents the camera.
- Click the folder with the movies or photos in it and drag and drop it on the desktop screen of the computer.
NOTE: All the contents of the folder will be copied to the hard drive of the computer.
- Use the PlayMemories Home™ (PMH) software.