Questions & Answers: 333
- Computer doesn't recognize the USB connection from a cameraIf you connect your camera to a computer using a USB cable, the USB MODE or Mass Storage connection message should appear on the camera screen. Follow the steps below if the computer doesn't recognize your camera
- How to transfer pictures and videos to a smartphone using the Imaging Edge Mobile appThe Imaging Edge Mobile app must be installed on your smartphone or tablet. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your device to download and install it. Before you start If Imaging Edge Mobile is installed
- Can I import movies recorded in AVCHD format using iMovie for Mac?It is possible if you use iMovie® '08/ Mac® OS X v10.6.7 or later versions. iMovie (v10 or later) and Mac OS X v10.9 are necessary to import AVCHD movies recorded in 60p/50p mode (PS mode). Check the iMovie support
- How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharingYou can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and transfer images and movies from the camera directly with just one touch. Before you start The NFC function on the mobile device
- When can the camera use the NFC function?The NFC™ function can be used any time when the NFC icon () is displayed on the camera LCD screen. NOTE: Unlock the screen of the mobile device before touching it on the camera.
- Can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the mobile deviceCheck the following steps. You need the dedicated application Imaging Edge Mobile app (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device through Wi-Fi® connection. On your mobile device
- Transfer photos and videos to a Windows computer using PlayMemories HomeBefore you start To import videos from tape camcorders, refer to our Tape Camcorder importing guide. To transfer photos and videos to a Macintosh computer by USB connection, refer to the How to transfer videos and
- How do I lock focus on a specific subject?The Lock-on AF and Tracking features of your camera can keep a subject in focus as it moves across the frame. Availability of these features vary depending on the model and system software (firmware) version of
- Imaging Edge Mobile list of supported camerasFor a list of Imaging Edge Mobile supported cameras, refer to the Imaging Edge Mobile List of Supported Cameras page.
- Can I update the camera using macOS Big Sur (11.0)Yes, the following models can be updated using the macOS® Big Sur operating system. Models Digital Still Camera Interchangeable Lens Camcorder Action Cam DSC-RX0 ILCA-99M2 FDR-AX40 HDR-AS50 DSC-RX0G ILCE-1 FDR-AX55