Questions & Answers: 356
- Can I import movies recorded in AVCHD format using iMovie for Mac?It is possible if you use iMovie® '08/ Mac® OS X v10.6.7 or later versions. iMovie (v10 or later) and Mac OS X v10.9 are necessary to import AVCHD movies recorded in 60p/50p mode (PS mode). Check the iMovie support
- How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharingYou can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and transfer images and movies from the camera directly with just one touch. Before you start The NFC function on the mobile device
- When can the camera use the NFC function?The NFC™ function can be used any time when the NFC icon () is displayed on the camera LCD screen. NOTE: Unlock the screen of the mobile device before touching it on the camera.
- Import Photos and Videos to a Windows Computer Using PlayMemories HomeFollow these steps to import images from a Handycam® camcorder, Cyber-shot® camera, or α (Alpha) camera using PlayMemories Home™ software: Download and install the PlayMemories Home software on your computer. Insert
- How do I lock focus on a specific subject?The Lock-on AF and Tracking features of your camera can keep a subject in focus as it moves across the frame. Availability of these features vary depending on the model and system software (firmware) version of
- Can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the mobile deviceCheck the following steps. You need the dedicated application Imaging Edge Mobile app (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device through Wi-Fi® connection. On your mobile device
- Use PlayMemories Home to transfer videos and pictures to a Macintosh computerBefore you start Install the latest version of the PlayMemories Home™ software. PlayMemories Home software is supported on computers running Apple® Mac® OS X® v10.10 - 10.11 or macOS® 10.12 - 10.13. Visit the PlayMemories
- Imaging Edge Mobile list of supported camerasFor a list of Imaging Edge Mobile supported cameras, refer to the Imaging Edge Mobile List of Supported Cameras page.
- How to download and install applications from PlayMemories Camera Apps.IMPORTANT: Some applications may not be available depending on your country/region and the camera you are using. This answer is designed as a guide on how to download and install apps to the camera. To download
- Can I update the camera using macOS Big Sur (11.0) and Apple Silicon?Yes, the following models can be updated using the macOS Big Sur operating system. Apple silicon is not supported Models Digital Still Camera Interchangeable Lens Camcorder Action Cam DSC-RX0 ILCA-99M2 FDR-AX40