Depending on your camera, you may have a setting selected that allows multi-image capture.
Here are some scenarios when multi-image capture is used:
- The camera is set to shoot with Superior Auto.
- Drive Mode is set to settings other than Single Shooting and Self-timer.
- ISO is set to Multi Frame NR.
- DRO/Auto HDR is set to Auto HDR.
- Picture Effect is set to HDR Painting or Rich-tone Mono.
- Scene Selection is set to Hand-held Twilight or Anti Motion Blur.
Make sure none of the settings above are selected if you do not want to shoot multiple images.