Questions & Answers: 365
- How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharingYou can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and transfer images and movies from the camera directly with just one touch. Before you start The NFC function on the mobile device
- When can the camera use the NFC function?The NFC™ function can be used any time when the NFC icon () is displayed on the camera LCD screen. NOTE: Unlock the screen of the mobile device before touching it on the camera.
- How to use your Alpha or DSC camera to live stream using the USB port with Imaging Edge Webcam softwareThe Imaging Edge Webcam software allows you to utilize your Sony camera for livestreaming through the USB connection. Before you start The software is compatible with the following operating systems (OS) with the
- Import Photos and Videos to a Windows Computer Using PlayMemories HomeFollow these steps to import images from a Handycam® camcorder, Cyber-shot® camera, or α (Alpha) camera using PlayMemories Home™ software: Download and install the PlayMemories Home software on your computer. Insert
- How do I lock focus on a specific subject?The Lock-on AF and Tracking features of your camera can keep a subject in focus as it moves across the frame. Availability of these features vary depending on the model and system software (firmware) version of
- Can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the mobile deviceCheck the following steps. You need the dedicated application Imaging Edge Mobile app (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device through Wi-Fi® connection. On your mobile device
- The camera LCD doesn't display the image when connected to a monitor via HDMIDepending on the settings for proxy movie recording, the image may not appear on the external monitor or on the camera's monitor if you record XAVC S 4K movies on a memory card inserted in the camera. Set Proxy
- Use PlayMemories Home to transfer videos and pictures to a Macintosh computerBefore you start Install the latest version of the PlayMemories Home™ software. PlayMemories Home software is supported on computers running Apple® Mac® OS X® v10.10 - 10.11 or macOS® 10.12 - 10.13. Visit the PlayMemories
- Imaging Edge Mobile list of supported camerasFor a list of Imaging Edge Mobile supported cameras, refer to the Imaging Edge Mobile List of Supported Cameras page.
- Can I update the camera using macOS Big Sur (11.0) and Apple Silicon?Yes, the following models can be updated using the macOS Big Sur operating system. Apple silicon is not supported Models Digital Still Camera Interchangeable Lens Camcorder Action Cam DSC-RX0 ILCA-99M2 FDR-AX40