Clear Image Zoom is a feature that allows you to enlarge the image with a resolution close to the original image quality when shooting still images. The camera first zooms optically to the maximum optical magnification, then uses Clear Image Zoom technology to enlarge the image an additional 2x, producing sharp, clear images despite the increased zoom ratio.
The Clear Image Zoom function does not operate in the following situations:
- In Movie mode
- In Sweep Shooting mode
- When the Smile Shutter function is activated
- When Drive Mode is set to Cont. Shooting, Spd Priority Cont., or Bracket: Cont.
- When the Face Detection function is activated
- When image quality is set to RAW or RAW & JPEG
- When ISO is set to Multi Frame Noise Reduction