IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
iOS™ updates may cause issues with the image transfer function of the Imaging Edge Mobile application.
If the error message "Starting to function failed" displays when attempting to transfer images from the camera to an iOS device using Imaging Edge Mobile, then try these steps:
- Install the latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile software.
- Enable the Bluetooth® function on the camera.
- Connect the Bluetooth connection between the camera and the smartphone.
- Turn the Smartphone Connect feature ON:
- Connect the camera and smartphone using the QR code.
- If the QR code method is unavailable, then connect using the SSID.
- Try to send images from the camera to the smartphone.