The USB streaming feature is the easiest method to live stream, is available on select Alpha and DSC cameras, offers enhanced live-stream video and audio capabilities, and doesn't require Imaging Edge Webcam software. Check your operation manuals to verify your camera's compatibility.
Before you start
Watch the video (using the ZV-1F camera) or skip to the steps for instructions.
Setup USB live streaming
Note: You can adjust movie recording settings (focus, exposure, etc.) before activating USB streaming as they apply to the live-streamed video.
- Set the camera to a movie recording mode and set the desired exposure, focus, etc.
- Activate USB Streaming on the camera:
- Review the Livestreaming video and audio (USB Streaming) section of the Help Guide for your camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer or other device with the USB cable or compatible equivalent.
- During USB streaming, power is supplied to the camera from the computer. If you want to conserve computer power, set the USB Power Supply to Off on the camera.
- If USB Power Supply is set to Off and power is supplied from an adapter or a USB Power Delivery device, you must have a sufficiently charged battery in the camera.
- Start streaming from your live streaming or web-conferencing service and adjust video and audio settings as needed.
- Depending on your camera, do one of the following to exit USB streaming:
The camera will return to movie mode.
- Press the MODE button.
- Press the center of the control wheel.
- Turn off the power to the camera.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- If the camera's power is turned on while the USB cable is connected, then USB streaming will not activate. Disconnect the USB cable, activate USB streaming, and then reconnect the cable.
- If the PC Remote Function is grayed out, then set Smartphone Connect to OFF and try again.
- If USB Streaming is grayed out, set the camera to MOVIE mode and try again.
- If you assign USB Streaming to a Custom Key, you can activate live streaming with one button press moving forward. Refer to your Help Guide for details.
- If USB streaming is not available on your camera, consider using these alternative live streaming options: