Before you start
- Be sure to install Imaging Edge Mobile to connect your camera and mobile device through a Wi-Fi® connection.
- Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- For the FX3, FX30, α7R V, α7 IV, α6700, ZV-E1, ZV-1 II, and ZV-1F, install the Creators' App after updating the firmware to Ver. 2.00 or later.
If you can't make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and your smartphone, review the Imaging Edge Mobile videos or skip to the troubleshooting steps.
- How to connect your camera to Imaging Edge Mobile via QR Code
- How to connect your camera to Imaging Edge Mobile via Wi-Fi
- How to connect your camera to Imaging Edge Mobile via NFC
- On your camera and mobile devices:
- Turn off both devices.
- Remove the battery and the memory card from the camera, and then reinsert them.
- If you didn't properly insert a recordable memory card into the camera, it may not be able to connect through Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to insert the memory card correctly after confirming the direction and front/back of the memory card.
- Turn on both your camera and mobile device.
- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile app on your mobile device and follow the setup guide according to your camera model.
Note: If you're using a mobile device with the iOS™ operating system, turn on the Wi-Fi settings and select the SSID of the camera.
- Reset the camera settings and check if the issue is resolved:
- Select MENU → Setup → Setting Reset → Camera Settings Reset.
- Check the manual supplied to your camera for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.