Before You Start
- Make sure your camera is compatible with the PlayMemories Home™ (PMH) software. Check your manual for details.
- The PMH software ver. 2.0 or later supports data import through a wireless connection.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue when your camera is connected to a wireless router, but can't connect to the computer due to the settings or connection status. Check if you can use the PMH software to transfer files wirelessly after each step.
- Make sure the camera and computer are connected to the same wireless router.
- Check the signal strength to prevent the connection from being interrupted while importing images. If the signal is weak, move to an area with a stronger signal.
- Images can't be imported wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Direct® feature.
- Update the PlayMemories Home software to the latest version.
- Make sure that the computer's network classification is set to Private network or Home network.
- Disconnect the camera from the wireless network to refresh the connection and then reconnect it again.
- Deactivate the firewall security software installed on the computer.
- Contact the manufacturer of your security software for more information.
- Perform a network settings reset on the camera.
- Follow the instructions on how to wirelessly import images from your camera to your computer on the PlayMemories home support site.