Follow these steps to troubleshoot conflicts in the Startup applications and System Services.
- Click the Start icon, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
- In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the ENTER key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, on the General tab, in the Startup Selection section, click to select Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, click to clear the boxes next to Load system services and the Load startup items.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration dialog box, click the Restart button.
NOTE: If other users are currently logged into the computer, a warning will appear that they may lose data if the computer is shut down. To restart the computer, in the Windows dialog box, click the Yes button.
- If the issue is resolved, identify the line in the Startup or System Services file causing the error.