How to perform a full format and recovery.
Follow this procedure to perform a full format and recovery:WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations, and data added to the restored drives will be erased.
- Ensure the USB ports are disabled in the BIOS.
- Insert the System Recovery CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Restart the computer.
- In the System Recovery Welcome window, double-click the Complete Restore icon.
- Double-click the Format and restore original software icon.
- Click the OK button.
- On the keyboard, press the Y key to proceed with the format and recovery.
- Download and install all available driver and software updates for this model from the Sony Computer Support website.