How to configure the operating system to show all files.
Follow these steps to configure the operating system to show all files and folders.
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Accessories and then click Windows Explorer.
- In the My Documents window, on the menu bar, click Tools.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
- On the View tab, in the Advanced Settings box, click to select the Display the contents of system folders box.
- Below Hidden files and folders, click to select Show hidden files and folders.
- Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types box.
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files box.
- In the Warning dialog box, click the Yes button.
- In the Folder Options window, click the OK button.
- Close the My Documents window.