How to obtain operating system drivers, software updates, and utilities.
- The level of support provided by Sony regarding an upgrade to the Windows XP operating system varies depending on the originally installed operating system.
- Sony has developed the Windows XP operating system updates provided on the Sony PC Support Web site specifically for computers upgraded using either the recommended default upgrade installation method, or a clean install. Updates are not supported for dual boot configurations or installation of the Windows XP operating system on any drive other than the (C:) drive.
- Download all updates in advance and save them to the hard drive for later installation.
- To ensure the latest drivers and updates are viewable, refresh the browser window prior to downloading any drivers or updates.
- All available updates, drivers, and utilities should be installed in the order listed.
- Go to the Sony eSupport Web site and download and install the desired driver, software update, or utility.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install each individual driver, software update, or utility.