How to Restore the C: Drive using the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
Follow this procedure to Restore the C: Drive using the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
IMPORTANT: If a Restore Complete System recovery has been performed on a prior occasion, an error may occur during this procedure that prevents the recovery from completing properly. Perform any future system recovery procedures, if necessary, using the Restore Complete System option on the Recovery Discs.
- From within the VAIO Recovery Wizard application, in the Restore C: Drive window, click to select the I understand box.
- The Restore C: Drive window can be reached through the VAIO Recovery Wizard main menu or by selecting the Restore C: Drive option on the Start Menu.
- If the operating system will not start, the Restore C: Drive window can also be reached by starting the computer and pressing the F10 key.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Once you click the Next button, the recovery process starts and cannot be reversed.
- Click the Next button.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Do not click any buttons or windows until the bundled applications are installed and the Finish button is displayed in the Restore C: Drive (Step 4 of 4) window. No other action is required.
- After the bundled applications are installed, under Restore C: Drive (Step 4 of 4) , click the Finish button.
- The computer will restart and the operating system setup wizard will begin. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup wizard.