There are three different ways to reset your Android TV™ or Google TV™ depending on the issue you are experiencing:
- Step 1 (Power Reset/Restart) is always recommended first as it can resolve many issues and doesn't affect saved information.
- Step 2 (Factory Data Reset) is the next step and will erase all customer settings as it resets the TV to factory specifications.
- Step 3 (Forced Factory Reset) is the final option and will also erase all customer settings as it resets the TV to factory specifications. Use this option when you can't access the TV through the menu, don't have a remote, or as otherwise specified.
Before you start
- IMPORTANT: This article is for Android TV or Google TV models only. You can check your TV type if you're unsure.
- If your TV isn't an Android TV or Google TV, refer to the perform a power reset article.
- Make sure the TV is on and you remove any external USB devices from the TV.
You can view the video that covers these options or skip to the more detailed steps.
Power reset/restart and Factory Data Reset steps
Check if the issue is resolved after each step.