How to save data from the hard disk to another location before a system recovery.
If the operating system will not start, the VAIO Recovery Center can be used to copy data from the hard disk to an external hard drive, external flash media drive, recordable Blu-ray Disc, DVD or CD. Follow this procedure to use the Rescue Data option.
NOTE: This option is available when starting the computer using the F8 key, or when using the Recovery Discs. This option is not available when starting the VAIO Recovery Center at the desktop.
- In the VAIO Recovery Center window, under Choose a program, click Rescue Data.
- Next to Rescue Data, click the Start button.
- Under Rescue Data detects the data which can be saved on the internal hard disk drive, click the Next button.
- Under Sony End User License Agreement, read and agree to the license agreement by clicking to select the I Agree option.
- Click the Next button.
- Under Precaution, Disclaimer, read the information provided and click the Next button.
- Under Select How to Rescue Data, click to select the desired option, then click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of saving the data.