A device driver allows the computer to recognize devices. If the device driver isn't properly installed, the compute won't recognize the Walkman® player. Follow the steps below to check the device media status in the Device Manager window:
- Connect your device to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Under Disk drives, check if it displays SONY WALKMAN USB Device.
- Righ-click the item with the icon ? or !.
- Select Uninstall.
- If it displays the Warning screen, select OK.
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconnect your device to the computer.
Note: It automatically installs the device driver.