Use the troubleshooting steps provided below if your Walkman® player displays any of these issues:
- Doesn't turn on when pressing the power button even when fully charged.
- Doesn't turn on even after turning off the hold function.
- Doesn't function normally.
- The display on the Walkman player is blank.
- The Walkman player does not turn off.
If you need model specific information to complete any step, check your product manuals .
- Make sure the Walkman is turned on.
Note: If there is no operation for an extended period, the Walkman will turn off automatically. When you turn on the Walkman again, it will take a while before the power comes on.
- Make sure that the HOLD function is not activated.
If the HOLD switch is set to the HOLD position, slide the switch to the opposite position.Note: If your Walkman doesn't have a HOLD switch, go to step 3.
- Reset or restart your Walkman.
IMPORTANT: The procedure to reset or restart is different depending on the models. Check in advance to see if your model has a reset button. Stored data and settings will not be deleted when performing a reset or restart, but make sure to pause your music or video playback before beginning the reset or restart procedure.
- Update the Walkman software to the latest version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Charge the Walkman.
- If the player doesn't turn on after the reset or restart, charge the Walkman using the supplied USB cable for at least 30 minutes and then try the reset or restart procedure again.
- If you charge the Walkman when it hasn't been used for a long period of time, your computer may not recognize it, or the Walkman may not respond.
If the issue still occurs, the product may need to be repaired.