This information is applicable for the following Home Cinema Projectors:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Fixes an issue when playing back specific streaming content with Apple TV 4K
- Minor bug fixes
Zip File Name
- Version 8.004
- 125 MB (131,524,830 byte)
Before You Start
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Home Cinema Projector.If the version number is 8.004 or higher, you do not need to update.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
Software version can be checked from “information” menu at OSD.
Download & Install
Download and Transfer the Update Folder to Your USB Storage Device
- Download the file to a temporary or download directory on your computer.
- Extract the update folder from the file. (The original file is compressed)
- Connect a USB storage device to your computer.
- Transfer the update folder to the root directory of your USB storage device:
Note: The root directory is the top directory in a file system.
IMPORTANT: Do not change the name of the folder or copy to any other folder on the USB device.
Updating the System Software
CAUTION: During the update process, do not remove the USB device or turn off the projector.
- Power off the projector.
- Make sure no other USB device is connected to the projector before starting the update.
- Insert the USB storage device containing the update folder into USB port of the projector.
- Power on the projector. Update process starts automatically.
Note: The ON/STANDBY indicator will blink green and then amber during the update process. The update process takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Once the update is complete, the ON/STANDBY indicator will light up red, and the projector will enter Standby Mode.
- Remove the USB device.
- Power on the projector.
Note: After the update, the initial power on takes about 15 minutes to light the laser. During this period, ON/STANDBY indicator will blink green and all the fan will spin at high-speed. During the updating process, DO NOT unplug/power off the projector.
- Once the projector completely starts and the laser is lit, the update process is complete.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
Note: If the version number is 8.004, the firmware update was successful.