IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Adds a feature that allows SensMe™ to analyze channels internally:
- Sound sources for which analysis results could not be obtained from the network before can now be analyzed
- You can now specify albums, folders, and tracks and analyze their SensMe™ channels
- For 5-minute content, the standard analysis time is about 12 minutes
- If this update is not performed, new content added from May 2019 onward will not be automatically added to SensMe™ channels
- Fixes the issue of receiving the message "In the process of updating database or communicating with other devices" and not being able to shutdown
- Fixes the issue of not being able to play some FLAC files
- If you use the "HDD Audio Remote" application, you will also need to install this update
- The latest version of the "HDD Audio Remote" application does not support the Android 3 (or earlier) or iOS 8 (or earlier) operating systems
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Firmware update 19226R
- Version 19226R
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
Your firmware may already be up to date. If the version number is 19226R or higher, you do not need to update.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Turn on the player.
- Press HOME on the player and wait until the home menu is displayed on the LCD before proceeding.
- At the Home menu, highlight Settings then select ENTER using the Jog dial.
- At the Settings menu, highlight System Settings then select ENTER using the Jog dial.
- Highlight System Information and select ENTER.
- On the LCD, if the version number is 19226R, you already have the most recent firmware version.
What you need
- an Ethernet cable to connect your player to the internet in case of wired LAN connection
- an active internet connection
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up damaging your player
- Don't turn the player off or disconnect it from the power while it's updating
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions
Download & Install
Set up the equipment
- Connect the player to the Internet with an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
- Turn on the player
Get the update:
- Press HOME and wait until the home menu is displayed on the LCD before proceeding.
- At the Home menu, highlight Settings then select ENTER using Jog dial.
- At the Settings menu, highlight Network Update then select ENTER using Jog dial.
- The message Perform version update? is displayed on the LCD.
- Select OK, and then press ENTER.
- The download process starts and you see the download screen on the LCD.
- After the download is complete, the upgrade starts and you see the upgrade screen on the LCD.
- After the upgrade is completed, the player will automatically restart Don't use or turn off the player until the update is complete.
- Check the firmware version. If the version number is 19226R, the firmware update was successful.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
What to do if you have problems updating your player firmware using the internet.
The message "Cannot connect to server" shows on the LCD.
The problem might be with the network connection.
- In case of wired LAN connection, check the LAN cable is connected.
- In the network settings, check you have confirmed whether or not your player has its own IP address.
- Try the update again.
The power went off while the update was in progress.
Turn the player on and try the update again
The download process (Step 6 in 'Get the update above') has already taken over 60 minutes and it is still not finished.
Cancel the network update, and then check the network connection.
The update process (Step 7 in 'Get the update above') has already taken over 60 minutes and it is still not finished.
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the mains, then reconnect it after several minutes
- Turn on the player
- Try the update again
The Update database process is stopped with failure message.
Turn off and on the player. Update database process restarts again.