This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Improves the transition between tracks when played back via Bluetooth
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improves the time required for database development and reassembly
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified above.
- Firmware Update version 1.02 for DMP-Z1 (Windows)
- Version 1.02
- 120 MB (125,947,728 byte)
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your DMP-Z1 has already been updated to firmware version 1.02 by the automatic firmware update function. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the [Options/Settings] icon, in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the [Settings] menu
- Scroll until the bottom and choose the [Unit Information] menu. Confirm the Model number and Firmware version
Before you upgrade
- Be sure to remain connected to the network while updating.
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
Note: We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 200 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Windows 10 user, Windows 8.1 user or Windows 7 user, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialogue box. Click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the announcements.
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- After completion of the download, connect your DMP-Z1 to your computer by USB connection.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.02”, the upgrade was successful.