This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the IC Recorder or remote control is disabled after using REC Remote on a device with iOS 13
This firmware update is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
IMPORTANT: This firmware update is not supported on any OS other than what is specified.
- 12.2 MB
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
This update is not necessary if your device has already been updated to version 1.01. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button on the remote control until the HOME menu appears
- Select Settings → Common Settings → System Information
- Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Download & Install
- Once updated, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer. Data that remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
IMPORTANT: Any data not transfered may be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When updating, the unit needs to have about 40 MB of free space. Please check that there is sufficient free space.
- If there is not enough free space, remove or transfer any unnecessary data to increase the free space.
- When installing this file, make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with administrative rights.
- If a User Account Control window appears, confirm the contents of the window and then click Yes.
- Slide the Hold/Power switch towards Power and hold it there for eight seconds to restart your IC Recorder.
- Start the update process by clicking the Download button.
- After the download is complete, connect your IC Recorder to your computer via USB connection.
- Close all open software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the update.
- During the update, the USB connection is automatically controlled and the Connecting USB indicator is off.
- A USB disconnect message may appear on some computers.
- When the Update Complete message is displayed, click the Finish button.
After the update, confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the Check the firmware version section. If the firmware version shown is 1.01, the upgrade was successful.