IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis program installs the Sony® Memory Stick™ Audio Library Update to resolve the issue where a Fatal error occurs when trying to play an audio album on the Memory Stick® media that has been checked out by software or devices that can record more than two sets of album information, such as "Title," "Artist," "Category," "Notes," etc.
- Palm OS® Software 3.5.x
- Palm OS® Software 4.x
- 0.10 MB
Before You Start
- This update application requires that you have approximately 210 KB of available memory in your CLIÉ™ handheld. Before installing this application, confirm that there is enough memory available.
- Tap the "Home" icon
- Tap the "Menu" icon.
- Tap "Info" from the App drop-down list
- Tap the "Size" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the "Done" button to exit
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Make sure that Palm™ Desktop for CLIÉ™ software is installed on your PC from the installation CD-ROM supplied with your CLIÉ™ handheld and that the PC is configured to be able to perform a HotSync® operation. (For the detailed information about HotSync, refer to the CLIÉ™ Read This First manual.)
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Please perform a soft reset on your CLIÉ Handheld BEFORE the update installation by pressing the small recessed reset button on the back of your CLIÉ handheld. For more detailed information, refer to the CLIÉ Read This First manual.
- Download the "MsaLibUpdate25.prc" file to your computer.
- On your PC, launch the Palm Desktop® software for CLIÉ™ Handheld.
- Click the Install icon.
- At the "Install Tool" window, select the desired username from the user list.
- Click the "Add..." button.
- Navigate to the location to which you saved the update file.
- Select the MsaLibUpdate25.prn and click "Open."
- Click the "Done" button.
- Place your CLIÉ™ handheld in the cradle and perform a HotSync operation. The HotSync™ operation will be performed and the required update files will be installed. Click the "Done" Button to finish the update operation. For more detailed information about HotSync™, please refer to the CLIÉ™ Handheld operating instructions.
- The message "Please reset your CLIÉ by tapping the (Reset) button below" will be displayed on the screen. Reset your CLIÉ™ handheld by tapping the Reset button.
NOTE: When installing the MsaLibUpdate25.prc update file from a Memory Stick, it is necessary to perform a soft reset of the CLIÉ handheld after the installation.
Confirm a Successful Installation
- Tap the "Home" icon on the CLIÉ™ handheld.
- Tap the "Menu" icon, and select [App] -> [Info...]. All internal data is displayed.
- Select "version" on the bottom of the screen. The software version for each item is displayed.
- Scroll down the list and confirm that the MsaLib file is version 2.5
- Tap the "Home" button to exit.
Questions & Answers
- Please follow the instructions when operating this program.
- Palm OS, HotSync and Palm are trademarks of Palm, Inc. and (or) its subsidiaries.
- Sony, CLIÉ and Memory Stick are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- Copyright 2003 Sony Corporation.