IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This program installs the CLIÉ™ Handheld Memory Stick® Import Update and does the following:
- Resolves an issue where continuously connecting and disconnecting the CLIÉ™ handheld from the computer produces a fatal error.
- Enables a confirmation box to appear before disconnecting the CLIÉ™ handheld from the computer.
- Palm OS® Software 4.x
- 0.02 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!!: This CLIÉ update is intended for the PEG-N610C CLIÉ Handheld only. Please download and install the MSIMPORT.PRC update BEFORE installing this update.
- Please confirm that there is enough memory available on the CLIÉ Handheld to install this update. This update requires approximately 50 KB of CLIÉ handheld memory. If there is not enough space, please delete any unnecessary applications from the CLIÉ handheld's internal memory before beginning this update procedure. Please follow these steps to check the amount of free memory on the CLIÉ handheld:
- On the CLIÉ handheld, tap the Home button.
- Tap the tab located in the top-left of the screen to access the "App" menu.
- From the "App" menu, tap "Info."
- At the "Info" screen, the amount of free memory will be listed next to "Free Space."
- Tap "Done" to exit the screen.
- The Palm Desktop for Sony software must be already installed on the computer, and HotSync® must be configured for synchronization in order to install this update.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Please follow the steps below to download the second file and install the update.
- Download the MSIMPORT.PRC file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- At the "Download Complete" message, click Close.
- Under the "CLIÉ PEG-N610C Handheld 1.0.1 System Update" section, click the "2. MSSCSILIB.PRC" file.
- Click the "Go to Step 2. Software Agreement" link at the bottom of the page.
- Read the Software License Agreement and click "Accept."
- Download the MSSCSILIB.PRC file to the SAME directory to which the MSIMPORT.PRC file was downloaded.
- Connect the CLIÉ handheld cradle to the computer via the USB port.
- Attach the supplied AC adapter to the CLIÉ handheld cradle, and plug it into a power outlet.
- Place the CLIÉ handheld in the cradle and power it on. It is highly recommended to perform a Hot Sync at this point to back up all data, before proceeding with the remaining update installation instructions.
- Launch the Palm Desktop for Sony Software on the computer.
- At the "Palm Desktop" window, click the Install button.
- At the "Install Tool" window, next to "Username," click the down arrow and select the desired profile, and then click OK.
- At the 'Install Tool" window, click the Add button.
- At the "Open" box, navigate to the directory to which the files were downloaded.
- Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click to highlight both the MSIMPORT.PRC and MSSCSILIB.PRC files.
- Release the CTRL key, and then click the Open button.
- The files should now appear in the "Install Tool" box.
- Click the Done Button.
- At the "Next time you perform a HotSync® operation, the listed file(s) will be installed on your handheld" message, click OK.
- Right-click the HotSync® icon located in the Windows System Tray (bottom-right of the Windows desktop) and confirm that HotSync® is set to "Local."
- Press the HotSync® button located on the front panel of the CLIÉ cradle.
- When the "You now need to reset your handheld computer by tapping the button below." message appears on the CLIÉ Handheld, tap the Reset button on the screen. The CLIÉ Handheld will restart and the installation is complete.
Confirm a Successful Installation
- On the CLIÉ screen, tap the Home icon.
- At the Home screen, tap the Menu tab which is located at the top-left of the screen and displays the time.
- Tap "App," and then tap "Info."
- At the "Info" window, tap the box titled "Version."
- Scroll down the list and verify that there are entries titled:
- MS Import v.1.0.1
- MsScsLib v.1.1 NOTE: If the entries do not exist or do not match the above version, please download and install the update files.
Questions & Answers
- Please follow the right steps to operate this program
- This program is protected by Copyright.
- Sony is not responsible for any problems that is cause by using this program.
- This program is not allowed to be copied or used for purposes other than indicated by Sony.
- Palm OS, Graffiti, HotSync and the Palm Platform Compatible Logo are registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
- Palm, the HotSync Logo, Palm powered and Palm OS are trademarks of Palm, Inc.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.