IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsSony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 4.15r) addresses the following issue experienced by some customers:
- When tuned to some digital channels you may experience a brief (about one second) interruption of the picture and sound when the scene changes, between programs and commercials, or between commercials. This may occur during either programs or commercials.
- System Software
- 18.83 MB
Before You Start
Important Notes about Downloading the Update
- WARNING!! This update is permanent. After performing this update it is not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update cannot be reversed.
- If you decide to download the update, a USB storage device, such as a Sony Micro Vault or something similar, is required to perform the update. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our TVs. If the software update does not automatically begin when you connect the USB storage device to the TV, you should use a different one. View formatting instructions.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Decide How You Want to Get the UpdateThere are two ways to obtain the software update:
- Download the Update - Click the Download Now icon on this page to download the update to your computer and then follow the instructions below to install the update on your television.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to download the update, a USB storage device, such as a Sony Micro Vault® or something similar, is required to perform the update. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our TVs. If the software update does not automatically begin when you connect the USB device to the TV, you should use a different one. View formatting instructions.
- Request the Update be Mailed to You - Contact our customer support staff at 1-800-222-7669. If it does, the update will be mailed to you on a USB storage device, along with instructions on how to perform the update.
- Download the SW_Package_0415_uc.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SW_Package_0415_uc.exe file to extract (unzip) the update file.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor-..." window, under "Unzip to folder," click the Browse... button.
- At the "Browse for Folder" window, click "Desktop" at the top of the list and then click the OK button.
Note: If you prefer, you can select a different drive and/or directory to extract the file to. If you do, please make note of the directory for reference.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor-..." window, click the Unzip button. The file will be unzipped (extracted) to your computer desktop or to the alternate directory that you selected.
- At the "1 file(s) unzipped successfully" message, click OK.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor-..." window, click the Close button.
- Go to your computer Windows desktop (or to the directory to which you extracted the file) and locate the file icon titled sony_dtv_package415r.p08. This is the file you unzipped.
- Right-click on the sony_dtv_package415r.p08 icon and, from the menu, click "Send To...", and then click the drive (EX: Removable Disk (E:)) that represents your USB device. The sony_dtv_package415r.p08 file will be copied onto your USB device.
- Remove the USB device from your computer.
- Please continue to the next section.
Updating the Software
Note: During the update process, the screen on your TV set will display progress information or may be blank, this is normal. Please do not remove the USB device until the update complete message displays on the screen.
CAUTION: DO NOT TURN OFF THE TV OR UNPLUG THE POWER CORD WHILE THE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
- Turn your TV on by pressing the Power button on the Remote Control. The POWER LED will be green. (See Figure 1)
- Insert the USB device into the "DMex/Service" or "DMex"port on the rear cover of the set. (See Figure 2)
Note: The label on the USB device should be facing left.
CAUTION: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB DEVICE OR TURN OFF THE TV UNTIL THE UPDATE IS COMPLETE.
The software automatically begins to update.
- The entire update process will take approximately 10 minutes.
During the update process several messages will display on your TV screen (See Figure 3).
Also, the POWER LED will turn off, the PIC OFF/TIMER LEDs slowly flashes amber, and the STANDBY LED is red (See Figure 4).
After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.
- When the update is complete, an "update is complete" message displays (See Figure 5). Select OK by pressing the button on the Remote Commander.
- Remove the USB device from the "DMex/Service" or "DMex" port.
- Delete the sony_dtv_package415r.p08 file from the USB device, or reformat the USB device.
The update process is now complete.