IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the SmartWi Connection Utility for Wireless WAN.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 22.01 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: To ensure the proper function of the Wireless WAN system, if you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please insure all required drivers and the following components are installed in the order listed below:
- Qualcomm® Gobi 2000 Wireless HS-USB Modem 9225 driver
- original device drivers from the Sony support site
Note: It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers if you have properly installed updated drivers from the Sony support site
- Sony Shared Library
- Sony Notebook Utilities
- Windows updates using the Windows Update utility or from the Microsoft® web site
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from the Microsoft downloads website
- VAIO Mobile Broadband Setup
- SmartWi Connection Utility for Wireless WAN
- VZAccess Manager or Sprint SmartView (this option depends on your mobile broadband carrier)
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000550949.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000550949.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "SmartWi Connection Utility" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the SmartWi Connection Utility for Wireless WAN is complete.