IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Content Management Utility to version 2.1 and provides the capability to detect and correct flash bands (horizontal bands with luminance different from other parts of the image, which appear due to a flash or strobe light).
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- 133.09 MB
Before You Start
- Sony does not guarantee trouble-free operation on all computers that satisfy the system requirements. The supported operating systems must be factory preinstalled versions. Computers with an operating system upgrade or with multi-boot environments are not supported.
- To handle movie clips, the specified system requirements are necessary.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
- Computer: PC running factory installed Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, or Windows 8.1 operating system
- Please ensure that the latest operating system service pack is installed. (SP1 for Windows Vista operating system or SP3 for Windows XP operating system.)
- 64-bit and Starter edition versions of Windows XP operating system are not supported
- Starter edition version of Windows Vista operating system is not supported
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Click the "Download Now" link to download the CMU_Upgrade1106a.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the CMU_Upgrade1106a.exe file. The file is automatically extracted and the "Choose Setup Language" dialog appears.
- At the "Choose Setup Language" screen, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK". The "Preparing to Install" screen briefly appears and then displays the Installation Wizard.
- At the "Installation Wizard" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select "I accept the terms in the license agreement", and then click "OK".
- At the "Ready to Update the Program" screen, click "Update".
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Completed" screen, click "Finish".
The installation of the Content Management Utility Update is complete.
Installation Verification (Optional)Please follow the steps below to verify that the update has been installed.
- Start the Content Management Utility software.
- On the Menu Bar, click "Help" and then select "About Content Management Utility".
- The Content Management Utility Version number should be 2.1.00
Note: If the version number is not 2.1.00, please download and install the update again.