WAIT - Read the Required Files section before downloading this file.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the originally shipped version of the following Intel Centrino WiMAX 6150 components:
- Intel Centrino WiMAX 6150 Driver version 6.5.1035.26
- Intel Centrino WiMAX 6150 Function Driver version 6.5.1035.26
This driver also resolves the yellow exclamation point error that may appear in Device Manager next to "Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150" which indicates that a driver is not installed for that device.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 14.1 Mb
Before You Start
- IMPORTANT: Before installing the Intel Centrino WiMax 6150 Software, please note the following:
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows® 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please ensure that all original device drivers from the Sony support site have been installed on the computer before installing the Intel Centrino WiMax 6150 Software.
- It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers for any drivers that you have properly installed updates from the Sony support site.
- If you have performed a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system, please install all required files.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551256.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551256.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Intel® Centrino® WiMAX 6150 Ver. 6.5.1035.26" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel Centrino WiMAX 6150 Software is complete.