IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the LTE Registry Patch.
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- 4.67 Mb
Before You Start
NOTE: This package is for WWAN models that have the LTE module.
- IMPORTANT: To ensure the proper function of the Wireless WAN system, if you have performed a clean install of the Windows® 7 operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please insure the following components are installed in the order listed below:
- Sierra Wireless WWAN Modem driver (Wireless WAN driver)
- original device drivers from the Sony® support site
Note: It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers if you have properly installed updated drivers from the Sony support site
- Sony® Shared Library
- Sony Notebook Utilities
- VAIO® Smart Network
- VZAcess Manager (EP0000551421.exe)
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551423.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551423.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "LTE Registry Patch Ver. 188.8.131.5280" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finish" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the LTE Registry Patch is complete.