This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs the originally shipped version of the Intel Management Engine Interface (Intel ME) software. The Intel Management Engine is a small low power computer subsystem that performs various tasks while the system is in sleep mode, during the boot process, and when your system is running.
This driver also resolves the yellow exclamation point error that may appear in Device Manager next to "PCI Simple Communications Controller" which indicates that a driver is not installed for that device.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 51.28 Mb
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000551687.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000551687.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Intel® Management Engine Interface Ver. 184.108.40.2063" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel Management Engine Interface is complete.