This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
IMPORTANT!! This update is available only by performing a Network Upgrade.This software updates the network speaker to firmware version 2.01.2.16 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 2.01.2.04:
- Adds Windows® 8 compatibility (Displays the network speaker on the Windows 8 Devices Charm)
- Adds the DLNA Seek feature
- Improves system functionality
By downloading the latest version of the system software, you can take advantage of any new functions or benefits. If the wireless network speaker is connected to the Internet, the UPDATE indicator lights up when a new update is available.Note: The wireless network speaker accesses the Sony server when connected to the Internet to update the system software. The system software updates cannot be downloaded and installed separately.
- System Software
Before You Start
- WARNING!! Do not power off the unit or disconnect it from the AC power source during the upgrade process.
- The unit must be connected to the Internet to receive the update.
Note: If you use the Internet via a proxy server, the unit must be setup for a proxy server. For additional information, please see the Operating Instructions.
- Do not connect or disconnect the network (LAN) cable while the firmware update is in process.
- Make sure all other equipment connected to the system is stopped before updating the software.
- You cannot operate the unit until the update is complete. It takes about 5 minutes to complete the update.
Download & Install
- Ensure the unit is connected to an AC power source.
- Power on the unit.
Note: The unit must be connected to the Internet to receive the update. When a new update is available, the UPDATE indicator lights up in green.
- To start the update, press and hold the "UPDATE" button on the bottom of the unit until the light turns off.
Note: The "UPDATE" indicator flashes during the update process and takes about 5 minutes to complete.
When the UPDATE indicator is not lit or flashing, the update is complete.
Questions & Answers
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.01.2.04:
- The wrong icon may be displayed for the service provider on the Network Audio Remote app
- The network speaker may lose Wi-Fi® connection to some wireless routers/access points in network standby mode
- Unable to start the network speaker playback using the Homestream software
- Adds the capability to use Internet music services using the Network Audio Remote app
- Adds a new wireless setup method using the NS Setup app. Note: These apps are available for both Android™ and iOS platforms which can be downloaded from the Google Play™ or iTunes® App Store online stores.
- Resolves an issue where the wireless network speaker is unable to reconnect to the network server using the network audio remote application after the network server device has been turned off and then turned back on.
- Resolves an issue where the wireless network speaker may automatically shut down after 30 minutes even with the unit in playback mode and sound on.