IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the Synaptics SMBus ClickPad driver to resolve an issue where the ClickPad is automatically enabled after the computer resumes from sleep, hibernation, restart, and shutdown when the TouchPad is disabled using the (FN+F1) key combination.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 116.80 MB
Before You Start
The current version of the Synaptics SMBus ClickPad software must be uninstalled before installing this version of the software. Follow the instructions below to uninstall the current version and install this update.
- Click "Search", "Settings", and type "Add or remove programs"
- Double-click "Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" on the uninstall list.
- Read the Synaptics uninstalling instructions and click "OK" to continue
- At the "Synaptics - close all open applications, then restart Windows®. If your pointing device no longer works, please restart" screen, click "OK"
- Click "Settings" on the Charm list
- Click "Power" and select "Restart" to restart the computer
- Follow the download instructions below to install the new Synaptics SMBus ClickPad software
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the EP0000600776.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600776.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Synaptics SMBus ClickPad Update Ver. 18.104.22.168" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Synaptics SMBus ClickPad Update is complete.