IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the Atheros Bluetooth® driver and provides the following benefits:
- Adds support for the Windows® 8.1 operating system
- Resolves an issue where music streaming is not smooth when playing ACC (Advanced Audio Coding) audio format files from certain applications
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 192.67 MB
Before You Start
In order for this update to install and work properly, the Atheros Wireless Lan Driver Update (EP0000600987.exe) must be installed BEFORE installing this update. A link to the required file is available in the "You Need This" section.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000601115.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601115.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- Follow the on-screen instructions..
- Restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Atheros Bluetooth Driver Update is complete.
Update Verification (optional)
Please follow the steps below to verify that the software was successfully updated
- Locate the "BtTray.exe" file listed in the "Bluetooth Suite" folder.
File location: "C:\ProgramFiles(X86)\Bluetooth Suite\BtTray.exe".
- Point the cursor to the file "BtTray.exe".
- The file version is 22.214.171.1242.
- Locate the "version.txt" file listed in the "AthBT" folder.
File location: "C:\Upgrade\Drivers\AthBT\version.txt".
- Point the cursor or double-click the file "version.txt".
- The file version is 1.0.