IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc™ player firmware to version M06.R.0632 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M06.R.0629:
- Resolves SSL security issue
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version M06.R.0632:
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Improves BRAVIA® Internet Video playability
- Improves playback performance
- Adds the ability to play discs recorded in AVCHD™ version 2.0 format (AVCHD Progressive)
- Adds the ability to play BDAV content recorded in Progressive format using BD-R/BD-RE media
- Adds the ability to share your BRAVIA Internet Video content via Facebook® or Twitter® online services
- Adds support for playing 1080/60p video files from Sony® cameras connected by USB cable to the player
Note: This upgrade includes Cinavia™ content protection technology. Information about Cinavia technology is provided at the Cinavia Online Consumer Information Center at: http://www.cinavia.com.
- Mac OS® X
- 67.51 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are two ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware upgrade:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
|Q: The network upgrade process has two parts, first the download and then the upgrade. If, after the download part is finished, the firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running after more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: The UPDATA_M06R0632M.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site cannot be extracted.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |