IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility upgrades the BDP-N460 firmware to version M02.R.195 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M02.R.193:
- Resolves SSL security issue
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version M02.R.195:
- Improves BD-ROM playability.
- Updates BRAVIA® Internet Video to be compatible with YouTube® online service changes.
- Resolves an issue where an unnecessary warning may be displayed when playing some discs.
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
- Improves pocket BLU™ functionality.
Note: The Blu-ray Disc™ player must be connected to an active high-speed Internet connection. Requires a pocket BLU compatible mobile device, and a Blu-ray Disc movie that includes pocket BLU features.
- Improves playability of Internet video from services such as Pandora®.
- Improves connectivity for Internet video.
- Resolves a digital rights management error (DRM-1) that may appear when trying to play a video.
- Enables the Blu-ray Disc player to receive the Netflix® Streaming Service.
- Enables the Blu-ray Disc player to receive the Slacker® Personal Radio Streaming Service.
- Mac OS® X
- 32.50 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are two ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware upgrade:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
|Q: The network upgrade process has two parts, first the download and then the upgrade. If, after the download part is finished, the firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running after more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click on the UPDATA_M02R195M.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the UPDATA_M02R195.ISO file is not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |